This pilot suit was specially developed in conjunction with the Norwegian Royal Air Force 330 Squadron (Rescue Service) for pilots operating in Arctic areas and cold climates. SeaPilot is made from soft, durable neoprene material with integral buoyancy. The suit has a large, special, windproof hood that can be used outside a helmet and is fitted with a mouth piece for manually inflating the suit for improved insulation and flotation. The suit has no formal certification but is the preferred choice of pilots operating in tough and cold areas.
- Large windproof hood for use over helmet
- Adjustable semi-rigid cord in hood opening
- Manual oral inflation valve for adjustment of buoyancy and insulation
- Detachable neoprene hood and gloves
- Socks for individual choice of footwear
- Separate waterproof in lightweight PU/plastic - easy to don
- Functional, roomy pockets on legs
- 3mm flexible and durable neoprene fabric
- Separate waterproof zip for easier urination
- The preferred suit for operations in cold areas, made in soft, durable and well proven neoprene material
- No formal certifications, still prefered by pilots operating in arctic/tough conditions
- Whistle and buddyline with floating hook
- Area of application
- Helicopter Crew
- Type of suit
- Pilot/Crew suit
- Neoprene 3mm
- Main zipper type
- Soft PU/plastic with teeth, closed - 1 zipper puller
- Reflective material
- Leg pockets with room for LED lenser, knife light stick etc
Pen pocket on shoulder/sleeve
Thigh pockets with place for notebook, iPad etc
- Detachable, in neoprene
Wind hood with room for helicopter helmet, adjustable with steel wire
- 5-finger neoprene
- Inflation valve for buoyancy
- Manual inflation valve
- Buddy line
- Yes, with floating buddy hook in shoulder pocket
- Boots / socks
- Thermal protection without lining/inherent insulation
- Ca 1 hour in cold water (watertemp less than 5°C)
- Service interval (standard)
- When needed
From one of the world's foremost developers and manufacturers of survival equipment
Hansen Protection has been a pioneer in safety at sea since we launched kapok lifejackets in 1932.
Our current range continues the company's strong traditions, where our greatest concern is to ensure optimal functionality and performance for all types of work at sea.
A first class survival suit can mean the difference between life and death.
As one of the world's foremost developers and manufacturers of survival equipment, Hansen Protection can offer a wide collection of survival suits. Survival can never be guaranteed, but we can guarantee that our survival suits satisfy the highest demands for safety.
Survival suits are obligatory for personnel on oil rigs, passenger ferries, merchant and fishing fleets plus in offshore helicopter transport.
Our dry suits provide sufficient buoyancy and protect against heat loss, and thus increase the survival time in cold water. All suits are tested and approved according to the strictest national and international standards.