Ascotherm Mk I - the original
Ascotherm is one of the most successful Thermal Protection Aids (TPA) on the market today. Designed to keep survivors warm and protected from rain, wind and cold in life rafts and lifeboats. This TPA is compatible with the IMO SOLAS Polar Code. All seams are welded and 100% waterproof. The inside is metal coated to retain body heat. A certified lifejacket should always be used in combination with a TPA.
- Designed to keep survivors warm and protected against rain, wind and cold in liferafts and lifeboats
- All seams are taped and 100 % water-tight.
- Inside part of fabric is metallized (laminated) to retain body heat
- Web reinforcement allows unconscious survivors to be carried while wearing the TPA
- Without sleeves
- Long zip for easy donning. May accomodate a mother and small child
- All Ascotherm TPA’s comply with the Marine Equipment Directive of the European Community 96/98/EC, and meets all the standards of the SOLAS 74/83, IMO Res. MSC 48 (66), IMO Res. MSC 81 (70), and MCS 226(82)
- A lifejacket should always be worn in conjunction with a Thermal Protective Aid (TPA)
- Packed in protective vacuum for storage, ensures functionality in emergency
- Area of application
- For use in life-raft/boat
- Metallized polyester rip stop
- Main zipper type
- Polyurethane/plastic spiral, open
- Delivered with
- In transparent vacuum foil in PU with donning instructions
- Other certifications
- IMO/SOLAS 74, Thermal protective aid
From one of the world's foremost developers and manufacturers of survival equipment
Hansen Protection has been a pioneer in safety at sea since we launched kapok lifejackets in 1932.
Our current range continues the company's strong traditions, where our greatest concern is to ensure optimal functionality and performance for all types of work at sea.
A first class survival suit can mean the difference between life and death.
As one of the world's foremost developers and manufacturers of survival equipment, Hansen Protection can offer a wide collection of survival suits. Survival can never be guaranteed, but we can guarantee that our survival suits satisfy the highest demands for safety.
Survival suits are obligatory for personnel on oil rigs, passenger ferries, merchant and fishing fleets plus in offshore helicopter transport.
Our dry suits provide sufficient buoyancy and protect against heat loss, and thus increase the survival time in cold water. All suits are tested and approved according to the strictest national and international standards.