SeaWind II - flexible and ergonomic
A comfortable and lightweight suit for tough and demanding environments. Designed with focus on ergonomics, light weight and comfort - without compromise. SeaWind is certified by both SOLAS, ISO and EASA. As such it certified for almost every conceivable situation. No other work/survival suit is designed for such a wide a range of uses as SeaWind.
For helicopter transport, the suit is compatible with SeaLion Europe and Halo Pax lifejackets.
The suit is certified for continuous wear, work, shipping and helicopter transport. To comply with helicopter transport certification, the suit must have the lining fitted and be used with certified lifejacket. SeaWind is the first choice for many professional groups, not least for demanding work in connection with the service and maintenance of wind turbines.
- Ergonomic – Y-shape construction with maximum freedom of movement
- Durable nylon 3L fabric with highly breathable properties
- Made as a shell suit for reduced weight
- Main zip in neck seal simplifies donning. Two zipper sliders allows relief-functionality
- Ventilation – pit-zips (underarm-zips) for ventilation in controlled situations
- Waterproof zip in neck seal for easy donning and comfort
- Pockets – roomy pockets constructed with mesh to enhance the breathable properties of the fabric, placed to ensure ease of access
- Must be used with a lifejacket approved for the user area
- For easy integration with safety equipment such as harness and/or SeaLion lifejacket, the suit is “clean” on both chest and back
- The suit fulfills the requirements of the IMO/Solas LSA code as an uninsulated (1 hour) suit, and ISO 15027-1 as a Class D immersion/quick donning suit (without lining)
- SeaWind fulfills the requirements for a Class B suit (4 hours thermal protection) according to ISO 15027 and also ETSO regulations (when used with a lining).
- The suit fulfills the requirements of the IMO/Solas LSA code as an insulated (6 hour) suit
- Area of application
- Nylon 6x6 PTFE Ocean 3L
- Yes, thermal insulation long (zip-in)
- Main zipper type
- Soft polyurethane/Plastic with teeth, open - 2 zipper pullers
- Neck seal
- Neoprene standard
- Fit / Ergonomics
- Articulated knees
Sleeves constructed in Y-shape for mobility
- Reflective material
- IMO Solas
- Pen pocket on shoulder/sleeve
Pocket(s) on lower leg
- Detachable neoprene, in back pocket
Neoprene, - in upper sleeve pocket
- 5-finger neoprene in sleeve pocket
- Lifting becket/loop
- Yes, with D-ring and carbine hook in stainless steel
- Buddy line
- Yes, with floating carbine hook
- Boots / socks
- Wrist seals
- Braces (elastic adjustable)
- Pit-zips under sleeves
- Yes, ETSO with ETSO lifejacket
Yes, IMO with IMO lifejacket
Yes, ISO with ISO lifejacket
- Thermal protection with lining/inherent insulation
- 4 hours (ISO 2012 Class B less than 2°C watertemp)
6 hours (IMO/Solas less than 2°C watertemp)
- Thermal protection without lining/inherent insulation
- 1 hour (IMO/Solas less than 5°C watertemp)
1 hour (ISO 2002 Class D less than 5°C watertemp)
2 hours (ISO 2012 Class D less than 10°C watertemp)
- Service interval (standard)
- 1 year (ETSO personal suit)
3 year (IMO/Solas)
- Certifications ETSO
- ETSO 2C503 (Helicopter flight suit)
- Certifications SOLAS-suit (w/o integral buoyancy)
- Solas MED/1.5a (without inherent insulation)
Solas MED/1.5b (with inherent insulation)
- Certifications ISO
- ISO 15027-1 Constant wear suit, thermal class B
ISO 15027-1 Constant wear suit, thermal class D
- Type of suit
- Work suit
From one of the world's foremost developers and manufacturers of survival equipment
Hansen Protection has been a pioneer in safety at sea since we launched kapok lifejackets in 1932.
Our current range continues the company's strong traditions, where our greatest concern is to ensure optimal functionality and performance for all types of work at sea.
A first class survival suit can mean the difference between life and death.
As one of the world's foremost developers and manufacturers of survival equipment, Hansen Protection can offer a wide collection of survival suits. Survival can never be guaranteed, but we can guarantee that our survival suits satisfy the highest demands for safety.
Survival suits are obligatory for personnel on oil rigs, passenger ferries, merchant and fishing fleets plus in offshore helicopter transport.
Our dry suits provide sufficient buoyancy and protect against heat loss, and thus increase the survival time in cold water. All suits are tested and approved according to the strictest national and international standards.
You might also like